Sunday, March 26, 2006

Pink says it raw!


Pink ridicules the superficiality and the clueless behavior of today's american pop culture icons in her latest music video "Stupid Girls". She's been bolder than ever in this parody that satirizes splitting images of Paris Hilton's notorious sex tape, Linsday Lohan's careless driving, Jennifer Simpson's raunchy music video and Mary-Kate Olsen's love for Hollywood's ultra trendy bootique store. This video certainly gives a positive strong message to young women and shutters the media's obsession for all things beautiful yet not necessarily smart.
Pink herself comments on the storm she created by saying: "I love the discussion that's going on right now. There's always a backlash when you challenge people's convictions and their heroes"But I don't do all this so I can be in Us Weekly every week. I don't do this so that people think I'm cool."I never said I was perfect, and I never said anybody else doesn't have permission to make fun of me for what I do. I'm a walking contradiction. I'm a hypocrite sometimes. I'm a work in progress."But I'm working to be better. I'm seeking out smart people and responsible women, and I'm standing up for animals. “I'm not making fun of a certain person, I'm making fun of an idea, and I think they're missing the point. Sexy doesn't have to come with the price tag of being dumb."
Well spoken Pink! Although this idea could be a perfect tool to make her the next pop queen idol!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin